NBS Symbio-N contains two strains of Azotobacter in their dormant forms and is suspended in a clay-based liquid formulation. These bacteria can be living & multiply on the plant surfaces giving a bio-film formation. It helps in nitrogen fixation, production of pigments, high GC content for protection against UV light, etc. to survive on the hostile milieu.
The dormant form of Azotobacter in NBS Symbio-N upon application on the leaves germinate to produce a fresh batch of colonies of vegetative cells. The cells multiply after finding favorable sites near the stomata or the base of the leaf hairs or at the depression of the leaf surface to form colonies. They secrete plant growth-promoting substances like auxin, gibberellins, cytokinin, vitamin of B group, amino acids, and certain antifungal metabolites.
Spraying NBS Symbio-N is like implanting small factories of microbes on cells that spontaneously provide useful metabolites to plants. As the leaf surface has a lot of stress conditions, effective numbers of sprayed microbes can be found up to 3 weeks after which repeat application is necessary.
- Protects plants from fungal infestation because of its property to secrete antifungal metabolites.
- As viable populations of bacteria are maintained for 3 to 4 weeks, the growth stimulants secreted by Azotobacter are spontaneously absorbed by the leaves. This saves on the use of costly plant growth-promoting stimulants which are absorbed almost instantaneously by the plants.
- The effects of Foliar Liquid Biofertilizers are sustaining.
- Improves the quality and keeping quality of the yield.
- Minimum 20% increase in yield.
- Being environment friendly does not disturb the ecological balance.